What is YouTube
How to promote YouTube channel, YouTube is a free video sharing service that allows users to watch videos posted by other users and upload videos of their own. … Videos that have been uploaded to YouTube may appear on the YouTube website and can also be posted on other websites, though the files are hosted on the YouTube server. You can even create and upload your own videos to share .
If you are looking for free ways to promote your YouTube channel then this discussion is for you. I have tried explain the important part here.
First and foremost, you need to make sure your video content is truly amazing. It doesn’t need to be overly produced but it has to be a video that provides value in one way shape or form.
- Awesome Thumbnails
- Click worthy Title that’s relevant to the video
- Fully filled out description
- Proper use of tags
- Properly Categorized
Tips on Video Creation
Your video needs to be produced in a way that’s easy to consume.
- Learn your tools from your video camera, smartphone, editing programs and YouTube tools.
- Proper lighting
- Good Audio level
- Clear video
- Not to short and not to long. Just the right length to get the message across
- Use YouTube Cards. You get 5, use 5
- YouTube Endscreens – Subscribe, Best Video for Viewer & Playlist
At the beginning you should Choose Google-friendly keywords. A good YouTube channel starts with good SEO. And Good SEO starts with the understanding what users are searching for. Google now prioritizes video over other content for many searches.
There’s no set rule for which keywords will help your YouTube video rank well. But a bit of reverse-engineering can go a long way.
How to find a Google-friendly keyword for a video:
- Identify possible keywords with a tool like the Google Ads Keyword Planner.
- Scan the Search Engine Results Page for each keyword. Are the top-ranking results videos or written content?
- Tweak your keyword and try again. Try adding words like “How to” or “Tutorial” if you’re having trouble getting video results.
- Choose a keyword that prioritizes video and suits your content.
Use concise, descriptive titles
- The title is the first thing for users see when they will find your content. And if it isn’t punchy, it might be the last.
Some basic tips for writing strong YouTube titles:
- Keep it short and attractive. Most popular YouTube videos tend to have short titles. Stick to 60 characters or less or some of your title may get cut off when displayed.
Include keyword(s) in the first half of title to avoid losing value. Most online readers focus on the beginning of the sentence and skip the rest.
Engaging doesn’t mean clickbait. The best headlines offer an obvious benefit or create an emotional reaction. Clickbait is tempting, but can damage your channel’s reputation in the long term.
Create custom thumbnails
Thumbnails matter, maybe even more than titles. That’s because our brains are hardwired to notice visuals first. We process them in less than 13 milliseconds, according to one MIT study.
YouTube produces automatic thumbnails for all videos, but they can be blurry or out of focus. To boost views, create an eye-catching custom thumbnail for every video you post.
Fill out your profile
Many YouTubers skip the profile section & get straight to content creation. But a compelling profile is one of the easiest ways to promote your YouTube channel—and that helps to boost your SEO.
Optimize your descriptions
You can also mention keywords in the video itself. But just like with text, people lose attention quickly. Use a couple of keywords during a brief intro for best results.
Don’t forget about metadata
YouTube’s metadata guidelines emphasize two things when it comes to using keywords:
- Be honest.
- Choose quality over quantity.
- Offer real value
- Create high-quality videos
- Interact with your fans
How to promote YouTube channel
Try a Q&A
Audience Q&As are one of the most effective ways to build community. Ask your subscribers to send you questions by comment, email, or tweet. Then create a video to address them.
Contests are another great way to get your audience involved. With a single video, you can collect viewer data, encourage likes or comments, and gain subscribers.
Respect the community guidelines
Share your channel to the social site and be active that will help you to get more traffic.
- Don’t buy views. It’s a waste of money.
- Don’t buy subscribers. It’s a waste of money
- Don’t spam the comment section of other videos. Embedded links get marked as spam.
Ways To Promote Your YouTube Video
Now that you took care of the fundamentals, now’s the time to market your master piece.
Word of Mouth – friends & family
Live Networking – events like Meet Ups
Email List – build that list
YouTube Video Ads – this is prbably the best way to get views fast.
Google Ads – this is another great way to get views fast since you can promote your videos in Google Search. People like reading but more people like watching video content.
Social Media Ads – advertise on the most important social sites. This will quickly generate views and potentially subscribers
Bloggers – get some bloggers to embed your videos on their site with a nice description of what the video is about.
Vloggers – get other vloggers to generate some buzz for you
Influencers – this can be anywhere they are found. Find a way to get them to give you a shout out to their followers and subscribers.
Website – this is the most important. You should build a website with WordPress and embed your video on your site. This will give you an opportunity to cross promote your video content on your site. Google and YouTube are the 2 largest search engines. Get found on both.