How can i track my stolen or lost android phone
How to track my stolen or lost phone: this is one of the questions that 85% of the android users have in the mind around the world. There are normally two ways to find your lost or stolen phone. The first method is to find your Android phone with out tracking app and the second method with tracking method. I will show you the the two methods how to (DIY) do it yourself.
Google map location History
Google map is one of the two ways to track your Android phone and to know the location of your phone quickly. Through Google map location history you can track your Android phone and its location. Using this way, you can easily find your android phone even if the location is not accurate, you will know where your phone can be.
Before Using this method there are things to be done
* Device must be connected to the google account.
* Internet access must be present in the stolen/lost device.
* Location reporting and history features must be enabled in google app setting on your device.
Follow the steps below to use it:
* Visit maps.google.com/location history or click here.
* Click on today’s date.
* Click “Show timestamps” just below the calendar.
*Now you will be able to different locations where device was registered.
* To see the last available location, you need to click on the latest timestamps
Now Using timestamps, you can check out the places where your phone appeared more than two to three times.
Using the second method
Google’s Android Device Manager
It’s the official tool from google to track your android phones and tablets by signing in to Android Device Manager website. Once you log in using your google account ID which you used to setup your device, you will be able to track and locate it. You need to choose among the devices on the website if there many. Once you choose it, then it will show you the location on the map and you can perform some other functions as well.
There are some requirements before you will be able to do it;
*Lost/stolen android mobile must be connected to the google account.
*Internet access to the lost android phone is must, nothing can be done if there is no internet.
*You must have enabled android device manager to track your mobile through google app settings. (Normally it’s on by default).
After applying the three conditions then follow the simple steps below:
* log in to google’s android device manager.
* You will be directly able to see all your active devices.
* Click on your stolen/lost android phone and you will be able to see its location however location however google also says location given on map is close to the accurate location. The device must be nearby somewhere.
You can perform 3 actions from this website: Ring and lock phone remotely and erase its data. (Lock and erase must be allowed for android device manager via google app settings. Its turned off by default.)
* If you lost it somewhere in your house, office then you can see the location in the map and you will be able to figure it out or simply ring it.
Also See: How To Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Airdroid is another great alternative which offers similar features to android device manager. However airdroid also provides some great features beside lock, wipe, erase and taking pictures from camera.
Thanks for reading and comment below. How to track my stolen or lost phone