What is IELTS idp
The IELTS idp is an official test of the IELTS organization. This IELTS is for non-native speakers of English to measure their ability in speaking, reading and writing IELTS. IELTS test can be taken by anyone who does not speak fluent English or by people who would like to improve their skills. which are a series of IELTS lessons designed for ielts preparation, they cover all aspects of the ielts exams including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
What are the benefits of taking IELTS idp
– IELTS idp is a world recognized IELTS test.
– IELTS idp is a good way to measure your ielts skills and progress.
– You’ll feel more confident when travelling abroad and speaking with locals in their language.
– You can get accepted into better schools, universities, or jobs because of the ielts score you receive from the IELTS exam.
– By studying for the IELTS you will gain awareness of your own language skills. This will help you improve them even with out taking an ielts test.
Content based materials:
– The best way to prepare for the IELTS test is by using content based study material because this type of learning gives you freedom from just doing rote memorization
– Content based study material helps increase vocabulary usage, reading and listening skills etc…
Main text types that are studied in the idp course are: Noticeboard, Magazine, Booklet. Main text types that are studied in ielts tutotrial are: Newspaper Article, Academic Article, Noticeboard.
Aim of the idp tutorials
The aim of the idp tutorials is to help you understand how the idp exam works and how to prepare for it. We teach ways on how to improve your language skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening through content based lessons that will help you be better prepared for the idp exam.
How much does it cost to take IELTS idp
It costs about N79,000.00 to take IELTS idp.
What is the type of IELTS tests
There are 4 different types of IELTS test:
1) Academic Module – a one hour and 45 minutes test which scores you on your ability to write an essay on an academic topic.
2) General Training Module – This module measures all areas of language with the exception of listening skills, it is a two part exam.
3) IELTS Life Skills – This module is designed for those whose occupation requires basic English language skills like telephone operators or receptionists working in international hotels etc…
4) IELTS Private Tuition – It is a ielts exam conducted in ielts tutorial centers. It is more flexible and allows each ielts student to focus on his or her ielts weaknesses while at the same time allowing for ielts tutoring to take place, which is not possible when taking ielts test in centers outside Nigeria.
How many ielts idp tests are there?
There are two types of ielts idp tests: (broken down into 2 parts) how much to get an ielt score,
what does it cost to take ielts.
the first part of the test measures your listening skill and has 4 sections; introduction, main points, important points and conclusion,
The second part of ielts idp test measures your reading skill.
What are the document requirements for taking idp?
You will need to bring 2 recent photographs; if you have lived outside Nigeria for any length of time then you must bring your international passport as well as a letter from your current employer stating that he/she can vouch for you.
IELTS Test Centres in Nigeria
Plot 3645, IBB Way Maitama
Cross River State
DFID – Tearchers House
20 Thompson Avenue
127 Olu Obasanjo
GRA Phase 2,
Where can I get more information about idp or whom should I contact if I want to take an idp exam?
General enquiry: [email protected]
For payment: [email protected]
To request a remark: [email protected]
For refunds: [email protected]
MOD IELTS Test Center:3, Ade Ajayi Street,
Off Zone A4, Pako,
Ogudu GRA, Lagos.
MOD IELTS Abuja Liaison Office:
29, Kampala street,
off Cairo street,
MOD IELTS Port-Harcourt:
13 Birabi Street,
Hotel Presidential Road,
GRA Phase 2,
What is the meaning of proficiency in English as specified in IELTS as a whole?
Proficiency refers to your ability to use English language for practical tasks and social situations (reading, listening, writing and speaking) with a degree of command that is appropriate for formal education and professional purposes.
Moreover to indicate your proficiency in English language, IELTS examiner also indicates a band score from 1-9 (1 is the lowest and 9 is the highest).
Band scores on Reading, Writing and Listening modules range between 1-9. There are two types of Writing module, an essay (band score 4-9) or an integrated task which combines three or four tasks with a maximum band score of 7 for each type of writing task combined.
– The IELTS A cademic reading exam is designed to test your ability to read large and complex passages of academic text, understand the main po ints being made and to also be able to summarize information in a short amount of time which is typical in an academic environment.
– It consists of four sections: two independent (longer) reading passages, a summary passage and a table with graph or chart on it.
– In order for you to do well in this section of the IELTS idp test, you need very strong skills in all the following : reading skills; listening to text while reading it, understanding what you have just read and being able to summarize or restate what you have just read in your own words.
General Training Reading
– The general training module is designed for people whose job does not require them to use English but need to be able to understand academic texts, reports etc…
– This section focuses on how well you can comprehend academic texts with a moderate amount of difficulty that are typical in most workplaces outside Nigeria.
– It measures your ability to read passages that are largely self-explanatory with a limited amount of notes.
– The four sections in this section are: an independent passage, listening to a lecture; two reading passages and a table/diagram with chart or graph on it.
– In order for you to do well in this section of the IELTS tutorials idp test, you need very strong skills in all the ielts skills mentioned above plus your knowledge about what is typical in an academic environment e.g.: graphs and charts, definitions etc… must be very strong.
Academic Writing IELTS
– The idp Academic writing exam is designed to test your ability to produce formal texts of a higher standard and in a wider range of situations than you would be expected to meet at work or study in everyday life, for example reports which are accurate and well-organized, but with less need for the factual content than is needed when writing an essay.
– It consists of two tasks: one independent task (an essay), and one integrated task (combines three or four different tasks).
How can I improve my score on each IELTS skills?
– To do well in this section of the IELTS tutorials idps exam, it is important to have strong skills in all and to be able to put them together and apply for example: reading while listening etc…
– However more importantly you need to practice writing many different texts.
– The first step is to develop a simple structure for what you are going write or select a model text which has already been written that closely matches what you want your essay/report to be about.
– Then write an introduction IELTS, then develop your body paragraphs IELTS and in the end.
Basic Vocabulary and Self Talk (in IELTS )
– Have a positive mind set while you are doing IELTS preparation e.g.: “i’m going to do my best” or “I have prepared very well for this test”. If when you realize that there’s one difficult question, don’t give up! Try your best until you find the answer because if it’s quiet difficult remember that it’s worth only 1 mark so even though you get it wrong, you will get the opportunity to answer another question instead of just losing 1 mark IELTS.
– Try not to think about IELTS exam a lot, just relax because if you are stressed it could be very bad for your ielts general training result or ielts listening test result since it will make it harder for you to concentrate. That’s why this section is called self talk in ielts preparation because many people say that when they have passed their IELTS exams, they were relaxed and felt good which helped them do well on their tests!
– Every day repeat the same thing: always IELTS speaking class i, ielts listening class i, ielts reading tips i etc… at least two times a day: when you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep.
– Do not use any dictionary to check any words! It’s very important that while doing the idp preparation for your tests, try to learn all new words from context instead of by looking them up because it’s better than learning definitions only! However if one word is too difficult then do look it up however only remember the meaning of this new vocabulary for 2 weeks or how long ever you can but after that look it up again and memorize the meaning again!
– Do not copy any IELTS sample answers sheet i and do it exactly the same as what is written there without doing it your own way! It’s better if you learn how to write your own IELTS essays or IELTS reports by using the vocabulary, phraseology etc… that you have learned from reading materials so that when test comes you can write more naturally in a way which is more similar to how people write in real life situations instead of academic writing!
– One important skill which will help you achieve advantage for example: knowing how to take notes correctly. So before you write, decide which topics or words you want to remember best practice i and then do a note about these to make sure that you don’t forget them!
– Remember how important it is to keep practicing your listening skills: for example idp sample i because there are too many people who focus on their speaking skills only and they get very disappointed when they take the test because they find out that their listening skills aren’t as good as they thought!
– Make sure while you are practicing your reading notes , try not to take too long reading exercises because you will not be able to finish them so write in a way which is quick and remember lots of what you read if you want!
– Try using post its or other forms of notes to help you remember things better by creating different groups for various aspects . For example create a group for words that are related to the topic; another one for how these words go together into larger phrases or sentences; and yet another one for remembering definitions of individual words.
– Before taking any idps, try to have some idea about what the exam will contain : because if you already know them then it will be easier for you to learn.
– If the idp general training is over, do your very best to forget about them! Even if there are only a few days left before the actual IELTS exam, make sure that you don’t look at any of the idps answers from other candidates or take any mock tests with sample questions or anything else similar so that in case you get some good marks on your IELTS sample test then you won’t have to worry about getting nervous during the real exam because even though it’s very important for IELTS candidates to practice, it’s not good if you try and take any mock tests or see IELTS past exam paper answers because you might get some wrong answers in your mind which will make you very nervous during the real IELTS test!
– It is very important that when you are doing your IELTS preparation for your IELTS exams: you learn new vocabulary fast because if this does not happen then it can cause you to fail on the actual test day. This is why it’s said that speed reading is one of the most important skills for passing an IELTS exam! – Last but not the least be patient.
Why should you take IELTS instead of a TOEFL or other English test
Special IELTS advantages: IELTS exam is – You have a lot more time for your IELTS preparation because it’s open for 9 months. IELTS general training
– It costs much less than the TOEFL or other English exams (about $100).
– It is easier to get a place to take the IELTS exam because of the large number of tests available.
How do I register for and take an exam at a local testing center from my home country
If you want to register for and take IELTS test at a local testing center from your home country, you will need the following:
1. IELTS registration form (can be downloaded on IELTS website)
2. IELTS payment form (can be also downloaded on IELTS website)
3. IELTS invitation letter IELTS idp in order to receive a ielts registration form you must first register on ielts website and pay the full amount for your test by credit card or bank transfer.
How do I register for IELTS idp and where can i find IELTS idp materials
What to do first before taking IELTS
– Find out what timetable your IELTS exams are in and make sure you can keep the time!
– Have a look through your IELTS reading notes and find out how much your ielts will be covering. This is important because if you don’t know then it’s going to be harder for you to prepare!
What are the IELTS scores needed to get into my university of choice via ielts
The IELTS scores needed to get into my university of choice via IELTS are a IELTS band score of 6.5 or more.
The first step is to contact the university of your choice and ask them what their requirements are for the IELTS. They should be able to tell you approximately what they need, providing that you tell them all of your qualifications (e.g. previous degrees) and a brief outline of why you would like to apply.
If they do not specify IELTS with at least 6.5 overall, then you should still be able to get in if you have a high IELTS band score for your writing ability. Also note that each university sets their own requirements for other ielts exam scores (e.g. IELTS general training and ielts academic), so it is very important that you find out what these are because they will help to determine whether or not certain institutions will accept your application!
It is also worth checking the websites of specific departments within the university which you are interested in applying to as many universities now allow international applicants to apply for postgraduate courses directly without having to go through IELTS.
It is strongly recommended that you contact the university to check whether they accept international IELTS students, as many do not. There are also some universities which have made special provisions for international students and have introduced English language proficiency requirements at other levels of study (e.g. bachelor’s degree) in order to allow non-native speakers to continue their studies without IELTSpractice materials English preparation for writing skills exam .
What if i don’t want to take IELTS
It is strongly recommended that you contact the university to check whether they accept international students, as many do not. There are also some universities which have made special provisions for international i students and have introduced English language proficiency requirements at other levels of study (e.g. bachelor’s degree) in order to allow non-native speakers to continue their studies without the need for ielts preparation materials English practice materials English preparation for writing skills exam .
When is ielts held and what other events do they hold in Nigeria
The ielts tests are held twice a year, in April and October. The ielts test is also being constantly updated, with new ielts modules added all the time. ielts Nigeria is known to be one of the toughest ielts testing destinations in the world. It’s a very popular ivy league university in Nigeria among others. test dates ielts exam is either ielts part 1 ielts academic or ielts part 2 ielts general training and every year about 120,000 candidates enter the ielts practice materials English preparation for writing skills exam .
A number of other international examinations are also held in Nigeria such as Cambridge exams, which covers everything from basic level to advanced. There are various schools that offer these courses. This includes – Nigerian universities, British Councils and many others.
Good luck !!!!
If you fine this article helpful please share .