Update your iPhone iPad or iPod on your computer
If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update. Update your iPhone or iPod on your computer
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Locate your device on your computer.
- Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update.
5. Click Download and Update.
6. if asked, enter your passcode. If you don’t know your passcode, learn what to do. Update your iPhone or iPad on your computer
In case you see error messages on your computer or need more space to update
Get help if you see error messages while updating your device with your computer. Or if you need more space for an update, you can delete content from your device manually.
* Upgrading to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS software provides the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes. Not all features are available on all devices or in all regions. Battery and system performance may be influenced by many factors including network conditions and individual use; actual results may vary.
Contact Apple Support
Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we’ll connect you to an expert.